Hermelijn Community
Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

The place where warhammer and Warmachine players from the Hermelijn gather

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenZoekenRegistrerenInloggen

The emperor protects

Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
Hollow_man
Malekith's Best Friend
Hollow_man

Aantal berichten : 1344
Registration date : 16-10-08
Leeftijd : 36

The emperor protects Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: The emperor protects   The emperor protects Emptyma jul 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Volgende sessie beginnen we met de campaign 'the emperor protects'. Dit is een campaign, die bestaat uit 3 delen, en elk van die delen is minstens 2 keer zo lang als de avonturen die jullie tot nu toe gespeeld hebben. Dit is het eerste écht grote avontuur.

Dit is de 'teaser', de echte briefing is een rp element en begint pas tijdens de eerste sessie.

+++TO: LORD GENERAL CASTUS IACTON+++
+++FROM: KEYBOR TAYNE, PRIMARY LEXOGRAPHER+++
+++SUBJECT/ CONTACT HISTORY WITH AURUM+++

As requested, I have compiled a chronological account of our attempts to establish relations with the natives of the planet designated: Aurum. the following shows a repeated pattern of rejecting diplomats, supporting your assesment that military envoys may be better received.

787.M41: First contact made by naval survey team. Reception is neutral. Post-contact analysis reveals extreme resource value of the planet. Aurum is made high priority for re-indoctrination.

789.M41: Larger contact envoy sent to aurum, including Adeptus Ministorum and Adeptus Administratum representation. negotiations quickly deteriorate, although adepts confirm imperial cultural roots before being forced to leave the planet.

791.M41: Captian Laurel Mattheos of imperial Navy and squad of armed crewmen force contact. Contingent is unexpectedly well-received. Reach agreement to allow imperial presence in capital city: Haistand.

798.M41: Captain Mattheos killed in action, negotiations resumed by rogue trader Diaz Lan. Reach agreement to allow small military outpost for protection of growing non-combatant population in Haistand. construction begins on 'The Aspirance'.

802.M41: Rogue trader Diaz Lan repeats contact. Negotiations fail to allow imperial presence to extend beyond Haistand.

809.M41: Rogue trader Diaz Lan re-opens negotiation on previous topic. Attempts to win support by participating in local combat games. Departs planet in critical condition from reptile bites.

816.M41: Rogue trader Diaz Lan repeats contact. Aurans rebuff Lan and refuse to honour future negotiations with him on grounds of he is 'not a man'.

+++The Emperor protects+++

This world is critical to the crusade. If these primitives only respect strength, we will send them the Deathwatch.
One way or another, Aurum will be brought in compliance.
-Inquisitor Quist

De missie is in de eerste plaats diplomatisch. Zoals gezegd, lijken de Aurans respect te hebben voor krijgers en space marines zijn de ultieme krijgers.
Jullie kunnen voor deze missie voor 55 requisition aan materiaal meenemen per speler. Zoals steeds mag die onderling worden doorgegeven.
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
Hollow_man
Malekith's Best Friend
Hollow_man

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: The emperor protects   The emperor protects Emptywo aug 29, 2012 10:53 am

Volgende sessie beginnen we aan deel 2 van the emperor protects. En dit is jullie briefing:

After your return and recovery (or for some 'last rites') in watch fortress Erioch, you meet up with friends old and new. The watch captain has seen fit to replace the casualties in your kill team by more blood angels, an assault marine and a librarian, in hopes of increasing your efficiency. After his initiation in the firedrakes, your salamander brother also returns to duty, to him falls now the heavy burden to lead the kill team to glory and redemption from the last mission's screwup.

A few weeks later, your presence is requested in the tower of brass, where the envoys of the inquisition reside, by inquisior Adrielle Quist. She is the right hand and primary field agent of the watch fortress' resident inquisitor lord, Hezika Carmillus.

The vaulted doors into the Tower of Brass have remained unchanged over the millennia, inscribed with the catechism of hate: The Mark of the Xenos. However, the guard stationed outside them changes as the title Inquisitor of the Chamber changes bearers. The size and nature of an Inquisitor’s sentry force is indicative of the resident of the gleaming edifice. In keeping with Inquisitor Hezika Carmillus’s violent and martial nature, she keeps no guard at all: a message that she can face any threat on her own.
You pass through the unlocked doors and ascend two spiralling flights of stairs to Inquisitor Quist’s audience room. One wall is a transparent plate of glassteel facing into the void. At this time before Erioch’s weak dawn, it faces the dim light from the system’s cold, rising star. Quist stands in the centre of the patterned marble floor, arms clasped behind her back.

As soon as you have all entered the room, she speaks. “I will be brief, as time is of the essence. Too much has already been wasted by the careless and the idle. I do not believe any of you ever made the acquaintance of my colleague, Inquisitor Zaer Vincent. He was—is—a fine man with a nose for secrets. It may have finally been his end. He has been investigating an increasing number of harmful incidents and rumours of a xenos presence in Karlack’s less tamed southern hemisphere. I’m sure I do not need to elaborate on the ramifications if such rumours should prove true on the Crusade’s key fortress world. Yet no one has heard from Vincent in many months.” She holds up a folded letter. “Until now. This letter was lost for nearly a year in the bureacracy and inefficiency of war, but has finally arrived here.”

The letter contains the following message:

To: Inquisitor Adrielle Quist
Subject: The City in the Sea
Priority Clearance: Arch-Emblematis

Adrielle,

I know that our last conversation was less than civil, but as I prayed for guidance on who could fulfil my
task if I failed, no face came to my mind but yours. I am perilously close to finally uncovering the truth
beneath the legends and fatalities associated with Karlack’s southern seas.
My latest work with the island sensor arrays has showed conclusively that a group of unnatural
structures does lie beneath the ocean, and I have triangulated them with nearly with enough precision
to make the journey. However, I have begun to suspect that I am not the only one interested in
finding these ruins. The surrounding islands teem with xeno-cultists. Their most troubling aspects are
the unusual degree of organisation they have displayed lately, and the core of well-researched theories
about the planet’s xenos history that underpin many of the tenets of their religion. It seems unlikely the
natives could have made such deductions on their own. Either an outside force is aiding these rebels
and cultists, or Karlack’s ancient inhabitants are not as dead as we foolishly believed.
I have one last preparation to make, and then I will be departing for those cursed waters. I pray to the
Throne that I will only find the dead. As you know too well, caution has always been my blessing and
my curse. If some ill should befall me, my notes are in my quarters at Citadel Primaris. And if this is my
last opportunity to tell you, I’m sorry.

The Emperor Protects,
Zaer

When the kill-team is done reading the letter, the inquisitor speaks:
“Whatever malign forces protect these secrets, they may have already killed one of my Ordo. I do not intend to be their next victim. Will you aid me in exposing and purging any xenos taint on Karlack?”

And you will help her, as is not only your duty, but also commanded by the watch captain. Karlack is the capital of the jericho reach, the very heart of the Achillus crusade, should it fall to any taint, be it xenos, cultist or otherwise, the ramifications to the imperium war effort would be devestating. Additionally, maybe the captain has lost faith in your team's abilty to make any good decisions, but for this mission you will be placed under the direct command of inquisitor Quist, although your team will appoint a leader amongst them for any tactical manouvres during battle as usual.

Primary objective: Protect inquisitor Quist from harm.
Primary objective: Under the inquisitor's guidance, pick up inquisitor Vincent's investigation.
Secondary objective: Discover the fate of inquisitor Vincent, and protect him from (further) harm if he is still alive.

De inquisitie heeft serieus veel invloed in de deathwatch en voor deze missie krijgen jullie een indrukwekkende 140 req per speler, die zoals normazal kan worden doorgegeven. Hou er bij doorgeven wel rekening mee dat als iemand 50 req krijgt van iemand anders die niet eens aanwezig is bij die sessie (en het kill team dus in feite teveel req bijheeft voor aantal spelers) ik waarschijnlijk wel ga ingrijpen.
Hollow_man
Malekith's Best Friend
Hollow_man

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: The emperor protects   The emperor protects Emptydi nov 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Deel 3 van the emperor protects heet 'the vigilant sword'.

During the weeks after the events on Karlack, information trickles in and the pieces fall into place. The key to make the picture work was lamdus' Rize warning: 'It will happen on Samech, the Emperor protects.' Samech is a known heretic planet near the Hadex anomaly, the permanent warpstorm in the Jericho reach. It is a forge world of the dark mechanicum, housing several of their cults. One of them is the Vinculum Proselytes, whos symbol is the radial of chaos, which has been spotted both on both Aurum and Karlack. It is believed they are attempting to build the device for which schematics have been found in the decavyne mine on Aurum, called the thaumagramm diode. 12 scholars have gone stark raving mad trying to dicipher the schematics, but the thirteenth managed to discern they can be used to instantly corrupt technology with the warp and turn it against his previous owner. Decavyne crystals and rare technology are required to build them, but the pieces stolen from the necron tomb city seem to fit. After that the scholar was executed to protect his soul from taint. Information conveyed by the rogue trader Diaz Lan also tells of large quanteties of antisonate plating, commonly used to create stealth craft, being shipped towards Samech. The sorcerer seen on Karlack has been identified as Dazhak, a known follower of the Chaos god Tzeentch, and it is quite atypical for him to meddle in technology rather then sorcery.

From these scraps of information, the masters of vigil discern this: The sorcerer Dazhak and the Vunculum Proselytes are collaborating to build the Thaumagramm Diodes, and plan to unleash them against the imperium, using an antisonate stealth vessel to get them in position. The exact target is unknown, but if a genestealer infestation and necron awakening were only means to an end, it must be assumed the consequences will be devestating. You have been chosen to infiltrate The irridial forge on Samech and put a stop to this.

Intel on Samech, appropriately nicknamed 'the iron pit of hell', is low, assitance even lower. It has been 200 years since the last imperial presence on samech, and even that was a few orbital snapshots before having to retreat again. The planet is ruled by heretics, but most of the population are slaves, a fairly large portion among them mutated but not herectics per se. While keeping low profile, the kill team must attempt to find a way into the forge itself. Last time there was brief contact with a cell of resistance against chaos, who dimly remembered the emperor's teachings, but there's no telling what has changed over 200 years. Insertion will happen by drop pod, teleport homers will be issued to each member of the kill team as means of extraction.

Primary objective: Find and destroy the Thaumagramm diodes, and ensure no attempt can be made to build them again.

Wargear:
-As means of extraction, every member of the kill team is issued a teleport homer.
-Magos Quezalt, who's seismic augur array you saved on karlack has heard of your plans to take attack the dark mechanicum and sends in gratitude a code purifier, which grants +10 to tech use and protects against corruption from chaotic scrapcode when dealing with chaos technology.
-The prince-prefect of Karlack has managed to capture and interrogate one of the vinculum's underlings. he has not forgotten you saved his life and sends you a map of the inner ring of the irridial forge, the only useful bit of information the captive gave up. Unfortunately the map is quite illegible, filled with vectors and weird symbols, suggesting a place where angles, distance and even time seems to distort. Maybe more will become clear once you are there.
-125 requisition, although terminator armour is not encouraged due to subtlety being a factor.

Van het boek mag ik op voorhand zeggen: deze missie is MOEILIJK. Spend wisely.
Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: The emperor protects   The emperor protects Empty

The emperor protects
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» The emperor protects!
» emperor protects voorbereiding